Everyone attending the RenFest on November 18th and 19th can come see and hear the Battle of the Bayou bagpipe and drum competition; No reservation needed.
Bagpipers and Drummers should register to compete in the "BATTLE OF THE BAYOU," sanctioned by EUSPBA. Anyone interested in competing please send in a completed application.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 17, 18, and 19, 2017
* Friday 3:00 - 6:00: visit the competition site in the afternoon
- No admission charge for competitors
- Just come out and see where you will be competing
- Play your pipes a bit to get them acclimated to the weather/altitude/humidity
- talk to the organizers and offer suggestions on how to make this even better
* Friday 7:00 - 9:00: Evening reception at the Gnarly Barley Brewery
- No admission charge - Pizza and soft drinks for competitors and their guest (please RSVP)
- Really good beer available at the cash bar
- kids under 18 are welcome * Saturday 8:00
- Until: competitions in all Piping and Drumming grades and events
* Saturday 4:30-5:30: workshops to go over your score-sheets
* Sunday ANOTHER SANCTIONED COMPETITION in your events
- A smaller number of events, but also sanctioned
- you'll have a chance to work on your mistakes and come play your tunes again!
For more information and more details visit http://www.battleofthebayou.com
We've grown from 19 competitors in 2012 (our first year) to 38 competitors in 2016!
We are anticipating adding another judge for the 2017 competition. It helps us plan the event if you get your entries in early.